Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Location (On Your Own)

This map illustrates my recommended location for a new campground based on the important priorities of the Cascade Chamber of Commerce and the Bureau of Reclamation. The cyan area with the check mark meets both priorities and the land owned is also located with 1000 feet of the Reservoir. This site allows for a good buffer from the Sugar Loaf Campground and is close enough to the City of Cascade to draw families into town.
To complete this map I spent several exhaustive days searching for the information that I needed to complete my campground analysis. I finally found the data layers I needed and completed a select by attribute to identify only those features that where located inside of the valley county boundary. For this analysis I wanted to map a potential campground location based on the distance to the City of Cascade and its amenities, the land cover density that would make for a great campsite, distance from existing campgrounds and the new campground must be located adjacent to Cascade Reservoir. The base map serves as a great visualization of existing campgrounds in relation to the reservoir, the City of Cascade and land cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment